What We Do
Conservancy Projects & Programs
- Landscape Restorations & Enhancements (1,025 trees and shrubs planted since 2008)
- Educational Walks/Workshops/Activities (Adult and Youth)
- Community Outreach Events
- Corporate, Collegiate and Church Volunteer Workdays
- Tribute Tree Program w/Public Registry
- Eagle Scout and Girl Scout Activities
Advocacy Items w/ Essex County
- Removal of Hazardous, Dead and Rapidly Deteriorating Trees
- Park Facility Improvements (Restrooms, Playground, Lighting and Paving)
- Roadway Striping to Calm Vehicular Traffic
- Relocations and Additions of Trash, Recycling and Dog Waste Receptacles
Programming Partnership w/ Rutgers Master Gardeners of Essex County
- Invasive Plant Management & Eradication Activities
- Parkwide Pruning Program
- Pollinator Garden Development and Maintenance
- Rose Garden Maintenance & Enhancements
PRESERVE the 121-acre Brookdale park by maintaining and improving its trails, infrastructure, ecology and landscaping so that it respects the original Olmsted design, and so that this unique Essex County resource can continue to provide natural beauty and lasting value to the residents of northern New Jersey.
PROMOTE the wise use of the park and environmental awareness through activities, educational programs and public service efforts.
PARTNER with the Essex County park system, community groups and allied organizations in support of the above objectives.
By-Laws of the Brookdale Park Conservancy (updated March 2009) can be downloaded here as a PDF (3.2MB)